Do’s and Don’ts During Arthritis Pain
Living with arthritis? Arthritis pain can make life very uncomfortable. But with management of the pain can be easily tackled with to make life easier for the patients. Arthritis pain can be exacerbated by certain factors and its symptoms can also be improved on the other side. It entails what you should do and what you should not do. Arthritis is mostly managed with non-medicinal practices. Any arthritis patient should always strive to do what is recommended to improve the symptoms of arthritis pain as part of their treatment. Here are some dos and don’ts for arthritis patients:
Workout dos and don’ts
Working out is very essential to lowering arthritis pains. By exercising the stiffened joints are made flexible once again. However at this juncture, the joints and bones are very delicate and need moderate exercises. Your doctor will help advice on the exercises that are suitable for your joints. Working out help ease the inflammation and the joint pains. It also helps strengthen your bones, muscles and joints.
- Do regular low impact workouts. Consider stretching workouts. There is available stretching workout for any joints in the body. As you stretch everyday your body gets used to the exercises. This will greatly help give back the strength to your bones and muscles.
- Include hydrotherapy exercises in your workouts. The hydrotherapies are of the joint pain treatments. They have a low impact on your muscles relaxing, making them flexible and strengthened. The hydrotherapy includes exercises like swimming and cycling in water.
- Take walks, massages and light weight lifting to get your joint flexible and also lessen the pains. Weight lifting helps build up your muscles, joints and bones. Start with light weight as you increase depending on how your body responds but do not go beyond the limit.
- Avoid too much resting and doing nothing. With arthritis, your body needs activity to help with flexibility and strengthening of the joints.
- Avoid high impact movement and exercises that could aggravate the pains in your joints or even bring about injuries and fractures due to weakened bones. Cancel activities like jumping and running.
Lifestyle habits do’s and don’ts
Any health regime is all about a healthy lifestyle. Some lifestyle habits lead to worsening of the arthritis pain either directly or by impairing your body immunity bringing in other ailments.
- Include a healthy diet that will help strengthen the joints and bones, lessen inflammation, pain and also improve your health.
- Do therapies to help keep stress in check, also try to avoid its occurrence. Do the cognitive therapies of behavior, relaxation therapy, the acupuncture and heat and cold therapies.
- Check your weight, do plenty of weight loss practices.
- Quit the smoking. Tobacco contains some harmful toxins which with use accumulate on the connective tissues. Toxins then bring about the straining and damage to the connective tissues thus adding up to the arthritis pain.
- If you have ever noticed staying positive keeps away stress and help us cope with any situation at the moment. Being negative brings in stress, pains and even loss of motivation to keep up with the joint pain treatments.
Medicine is not just about taking them; they have to be taken in the right manner. Arthritis medications vary a lot depending on your condition and prescription. Some medications are for pain killing others meant to treat different arthritis symptoms. Medications also bring side effects with them.
- You should take painkillers even if over the counter so long as in the right way when you experience pains from certain activities. But this should be after consulting with a doctor to ensure their effectiveness.
- Take topical joint pain relief products to help with the pain and stiffness. Get skin creams for relieving pain and other oral medicines.
Arthritis pains can be debilitating but it doesn’t mean over using pain killers. This is like abusing them or over-treatment, even over the counter medications has a dosage. You should also avoid ignoring the pains as under treatment will also worsen the situation.
Arthritis pain makes the body bones, joint and muscles weak making them more vulnerable to damage, disease or even injury. As you may have realized don’ts mainly touch on the bad lifestyle habits. With arthritis pain, your life should entail a healthy lifestyle habit to suit well with your current condition. Getting more tips of dos and don’ts from your doctor will greatly help you improve your condition to keep going in life. Remember to tell your doctor about all the arthritis symptoms you are experiencing for better diagnosis, treatment and advice.
- Do’s and Don’ts During Arthritis Pain - February 19, 2016
- Amazing Benefits Of Eating Chocolate During Pregnancy - February 15, 2016
- Things You Should Know Regarding Weight Loss Shakes - February 10, 2016
- All About The Risks Of Menopausal Therapies - February 3, 2016
- Are Fine Lines and Wrinkles Lowering Your Self-Esteem? - February 1, 2016
Leave a Comment