In today’s market, it’s just as important to establish follower interaction as it is to establish a user base. After all, no one wants to read dull, trite nonsense right? Ensuring there are ways to increase your follower interaction is a good way to help boost your campaign efforts, as follower interaction can have a positive impact to your company as a whole. In this post, we will give you some tips and suggestions on how to increase your follower interaction.
How To Increase Your
Social Media Engagement 101: Assessing the Goal
Always remember that social media engagement is more complicated than you thought. There is no “one way” to do it. Social media engagement banks on the power of your company to touch audiences in your niche, which means you have to approach the matter in a smart manner.
- Like with any campaign, it’s important to assess everything that we have before we begin plotting our next course. What kind of resources and manpower do we have, and what are our objectives? It’s essential that we understand just what tools we have in our disposal before we ever begin a campaign.
- We should also assess the campaign as a whole in order to identify parts we can modify and parts that we should retain. That way, we can know our approach when it comes to adjusting the way we interact with our followers.
Find the Audience
Always remember that your audience will not be the easiest thing to find, even if you think you have a good niche, a good product, and a good service. You should build your campaign considering the reality that methods do not always work all the time, which means you will have to constantly think of new ways to engage with your audience, especially in social media. You have to be proactive and unique when it comes to seeking your audiences and engaging with them properly, as audiences are quick to catch on new trends and forget old ones.
- Assess your current social media campaign and determine just how active your followers are when it comes to starting the engagement. Study how they engage with you (do they like and share, or do they comment?) and try to assess the best ways to earn responses from them.
- Remember, this doesn’t simply mean just commenting on their responses. It’s efficient response that matters, which means assessing what appeals to them and what doesn’t.
Mix and Match
Remember, your audience will not be the same all the time. This means your method to attract them won’t possibly be the “one best way,” either. This means you will constantly have to learn how to evolve over time and make sure you produce methods that will be open for adjustments should the need arise. This will be tricky at first, especially if you’re just starting an entirely new campaign. However, take note of what you’re doing all the time and make sure you learn from both your successes and your failures.
- Given that not all social media followers are the same, the method to engage with them cannot be just “one perfect method” either. Try to assess what tools you have to engage with your followers and try to see if you can modify them in a way that garners responses.
- The key here is to make sure the way you engage with your audiences is something that is open for discussion and open for follow-ups. This means both you and your audience should be able to get something meaningful out of that engagement. It can be a puzzle, or something that grabs their interest and encourages responses.
Test and Evaluate
Remember, just because you’ve found a method that works doesn’t mean it’s the one method that works all the time. This also applies to a plan you think just might work, but haven’t tried yet. It’s always a safe move to make an assessment of your current plans and future plans courtesy of your audience, especially if it’s engagement that we are talking about.
- If you’ve found out that a certain method of yours has gotten engagement, don’t just stick to it forever. Try to modify it for future campaigns, and try to assess how this method became successful, and how much “success” did it bring?
- How did the method fare compared to the goals you had in mind? Did it meet the goal? If yes, what do you think contributed to the process? If no, why not?
- Try to ask your audiences through surveys if your methodology worked or not, and what might help engage them further as your followers. Sometimes, asking is a very powerful tool to help engage with your followers, as this also shows them you’re concerned with their interests.
Being more real in how you communicate with your followers on social media can help you become charismatic. You want to become a person or brand that your followers will admire and respect, and to do that you need to be more confident about yourself. The more charismatic you become on social media, the more followers you earn.
- To be charismatic, you must learn how to speak honestly about the issues or topics being discussed. It takes confidence to tell others what you really feel about something.
- Keep in mind that social media gravitates more to people who are positive and confident. If you want to become charismatic, you need to learn how to be happy and optimistic.
As important as having good web design, effective social media engagement can help increase your follower base and, over time, boost conversions. The above tips hopefully give you a better idea on how follower interaction works and what you can do to increase yours. Always remember, however, that these examples aren’t sure-fire methods to increase follower interaction. Used carefully, they can improve your overall campaign.
Melissa Turner is an aspiring web designer who has been working hard on developing her skills. She enjoys creating websites and in her spare time she loves to walk along the beach with her dog. She’s currently working on her next big piece.